Monday, July 22, 2013

Open When Packages..


Hi again! This is all a how to guide for my version of the Open When Letters. I hope you all enjoy and are able to find something you can use! Some envelopes have more it than others, some there are things that I had to cut out!
Here's a picture of all of them once I was finished and ready to seal and deliver!
 
First of course you need your supplies (again all of these could be substituted if you found something to be a better fit for you and your love)
1. Double sided scrapbook paper - I went to Walmart and found a packet of paper with the designs on it that I liked. This was used for the envelope making
2. Markers/Colored Pencils or Crayons - For all the extra stuff inside
3. Glue Stick
4. Microsoft word or Any other printable program
5. Goodies to stick inside your envelopes - I'll go into detail later with each envelope and what I put inside of mine
6. Index Cards - I used them to write little notes on to slide into each envelope
6. Scissors
 
Ideas for your Envelopes
1. You need a laugh
2. You're angry
3. You need Support
4. You need a lift
5. You're bored
6. You need my love
7 . Just for fun!!!
8. You miss me
9. You're having a bad day
10. You're feeling sick
11. You're happy
12. You miss the kids
 
 
How I made the Envelopes
 I took an old envelope that I had from before and "unglued" it from itself and folded it out onto a sheet of the scrapbook paper. Traced it, cut it out, and then folded and glued.

Take your piece of scrapbook paper and your envelope



 Unfold/unglued your envelope and place it on your piece of paper for you to trace



 
Once it's traced, you can begin to cut it out

 
Once your finished cutting out, you should have something along this lines(of course your envelope may look different than mine so your finished product is going to look different)
 
Fold it to match your original envelope

 
Then I glued down the 2 sides so it'll stay put, like  a regular envelope, and in the end I just put a sticker once I closed the top flap, you of course, could glue it down or whatever you would prefer.
 



 Below are the details of each envelope and what I put in them. At the very bottom are all of the printables that I used as well.
You need a laugh
Included are:
Quotes
An inside joke
A small note from me
A few funny short stories that I found on the Internet
 



You're Angry
Included are:
Quotes
A calm/down breathing technique
A small note from me
 
You need support
Included are:
Quotes
A picture of a bra (we are such the practical jokers type)
A small note from me
An inspiring story of a struggling person that made it to the top
 
You need a lift ( i did a balloon theme and after I thought about it you could do a car theme for this one too)
Included are:
Quotes
None blown up Balloons that have a saying on it
A small note from me
A "pep talk" quote from a movie (we're both BIG movie buffs)

You're bored
Included are:
Quotes
A small note from me
A couple of sudoku games
A printable maze

You need my love
Included are:
Quotes
A kiss from me (just kissed the paper and cut it out)
Cut up hearts/confetti
A letter from me
A scratch off card I made (on how to make those click the link http://www.thedaintysquid.com/2012/03/diy-scratch-off-tickets.html  and the template I used is attached below as well)
Lyrics from a song (Adorn by Miguel)

Just for fun!!
Included are:
Quotes
A small note from me
A picture of something fun that we did together
The Price is Right Game (attached below)
 
You miss me
Included are:
Quotes
Mad Libs (attached below)
A small note from me
Pictures of me (I'm not vain, just know that he would enjoy them)
lyrics from a song (Gone til November by Wyclef)
 
You're having a bad day
Included are:
Quotes
A small letter from me
A picture of us to brighten his day
The newlywed game(just because I thought it would be fun!)
 
You're feeling sick
Included are:
Quotes
A tissue (I wrote on it)
A inside joke
A small note from me


You're happy
Included are:
Quotes
A small note from me
12 Things Happy People Do that others don't
His & Her questions (one set answered, the other blank for him to fill out and return to me)
 
You miss the kids
Included are:
Quotes
Pictures that the kids colored
A Picture of all the kids
A small note from me
 
 
The links to view my printables that I used. A lot we're found on this fabulous site I had come across http://www.thedatingdivas.com/ they have TONS of printables/ideas/downloads. Most of them are ideas for date nights when you're with you're loved one so you have to try to search hard for something you can use. (And if not TONS of ideas for once he gets home!)
All other "printables" quotes, maze, soduku, etc.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxoU-BvcC5F4UnZTSnZzemZaUE0/edit?usp=sharing

3 comments:

  1. This is such a good post, thank you!
    Lola xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I put in my envelope "When you are sad" ? thank's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, where can I get mad libs answers? Thanks

    ReplyDelete